Looking how to create a new account on IRCTC for Indian Railways ticket booking? Check out our guide on IRCTC Registration, Login and new account creation process.
IRCTC (Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation) is the part of Indian Railways that handles online ticket bookings, catering and tourism operations. IRCTC offers internet based railway ticketing service via the website, mobile phone, tablets, etc. In addition to e ticket booking, you can enquire PNR status online. They also launched Shubh Yatra loyalty program to facilitate frequent travellers. RDS is simple e-ticket booking scheme to reserve railway tickets against the advance amount deposited with the account.
IRCTC also offer budget and deluxe travel package for local and foreign travellers. Bharat Tourism – It covers popular tourist and spiritual destinations in India. With Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation, you can also book railway tickets using Tatkal Reservation.
To book Indian railway tickets online, you need to create an account on IRCTC website. Creating an account on IRCTC is very simple and whole procedure gets completed in 2 minutes. Check out our guide on IRCTC Registration or how to create a new account on IRCTC.
Now, you can book train tickets through IRCTC Connect Mobile App. You can download this mobile app from the Play Store. IRCTC Registration via the mobile app is a lot easier compared to the desktop version.
IRCTC Registration via Mobile App:
- First download IRCTC Connect Mobile App
- Open the App. It will ask for Register or Login
- To create new account, Tap Register button
- Fill the required details
- User name
- Password (keep it more secure)
- First, Middle and Last Name
- Date of Birth
- Mobile Number
- Email ID
- Then, Verify your Email ID and Mobile Number
- After registration, use your username and password to login IRCTC account
- Now you can book your IRCTC railway ticket right from your mobile phone.
IRCTC Registration via IRCTC Website (Desktop Version):
- Open IRCTC official website – https://www.irctc.co.in/eticketing/loginHome.jsf
- Click on the Signup link for IRCTC Registration
- You will be redirected to the registration page
- First, fill the username and check for its availability
- Fill the application with required details
- You need to verify your Mobile number and Email Id
- Then, click Submit Registration Form
- Then hit OK to complete registration
- Check accept all IRCTC conditions
Active IRCTC Account
Once successfully submitting the application, you need to activate the account by verifying your mobile number and email id.
- Mobile Number with OTP
- Email ID with OTP
It takes some time to receive OTP on your mobile and email id.
Once verified, you are ready to go and start your railway tickets on IRCTC website. It is advised to keep the login information safe and secure for security reasons. Hope my article on how to create a new account on IRCTC will be useful.